When / While
Bu yapının zaman anlatmak için kullanılan ifadelerden biri olduğunu daha önce öğrenmiştik.
Bu ünitede ‘When’ in Simple Past Tense ile kullanımını öğreneceğiz.
1. When you arrived at home, it was three o’clock.
2. When she saw a friend of her, she said ‘Hello!’
Bu yapı daha çok Past Continious Tense’le birlikte kullanılır.
Geçmişte bir süre devam etmiş eylemleri anlatmak
için kullanılan zamandır.
1. My sister was cleaning the house.
2. The children were having fun in the garden.
3. I was playing the guitar in the school garden.
1. My sister wasn’t cleaning the house.
2. The children weren’t having fun in the garden.
3. I wasn’t playing guitar in the school garden.
1. Was your sister cleaning the house?
2. Were the children having fun in the garden?
3. Were you playing guitar in the school garden?
1. Yes, she was. No, she wasn’t
2.. Yes, they were. No, they weren’t.
3. Yes, I was. No, I wasn’t.
Wh – Questions
1. What was Ayşe doing when you phoned?
She was watering the şowers.
2. Where were you staying last summer on your holiday?
We were staying at a big hotel.